Short Film Summary
Dichotomous is, at it’s core, a post-modern tale of redemption. The film follows two strangers, Nick Dysmas and a character known only as the Chief. These two strangers with nothing in common but a love for a broken nation on the other side of the world, are both searching for the same thing; Redemption. Through a twist of fate, their roads converge leading them down a path which will test their beliefs and endanger everything they hold dear.
The ‘Golden Dawn’:
The film is set against the, current and ongoing, spread of Greece’s Ultra-Nationalist, far- right party, the Golden Dawn. Being from Greek backgrounds, we realized that, nearly a year after their emergence in the Greek parliament, no one has truly adressed the dangers of such a group’s existence. Sure there have been countless hours of news coverage, but we felt someone needed to explore the spiritual repercutions of the group’s ideallogy being spread across the globe.
If you are not familiar with the party please consider the following sources:
- English version of the GD webbsite http://tinyurl.com/bslclkz
- GD brings guns to parliament : http://tinyurl.com/bvscgbg
- GD on Wikipedia : http://tinyurl.com/crl59za
- Doctors with borders? : http://tinyurl.com/c84s9x6
- GD in the Big Apple : http://tinyurl.com/c9z5frd
- A very Golden Dawn Xmas in Montreal : http://tinyurl.com/crnl98v
- GD coming soon to a city near you : http://tinyurl.com/clc3ypp
*Please keep in mind that we are not endorsing or encouraging any of the beliefs of this party.
special thanks to