I’ve always said the allegations (not actually criminal charges) against Julian Assange seemed like a jack-up and a smear campaign. What do you think?:
2) The process by which Assange was accused, cleared, and then re-accused of these incidents beggars belief. Two women went to a Stockholm police station one Friday afternoon in August 2010, to either (and here accounts vary) report Assange for s-xual misconduct, or inquire as to how he could be forced to take an STI test. Only one woman, Sofia Wilen, gave a statement, saying that the morning after a s-xual encounter with Assange, he had initiated s-x while she was asleep, and without a condom; by her own testimony, she said that she then gave consent to continue the act.
3) While her statement was being given, police had already contacted a prosecutor to issue an investigation warrant for arrest. When Wilen was informed of this, she refused to sign her own evidence statement, saying that she had been pushed into making a complaint by people around her. The next day, the senior prosecutor for Stockholm rescinded the warrant, saying that there was nothing in the statement suggesting a crime had occurred.
4) By Monday, that decision had been appealed, with the two women now represented by Claes Borgstrom, a big wig in the Social Democratic party, and drafter of the 2005 s-x crimes laws under which Assange was being accused — laws that many had said were unworkable. The second complainant in the affair, Anna Ardin, now changed her story. She had been interviewed the day after Wilen had told of a rough but consensual s-xual encounter with Assange, but suggested he had torn a condom off during s-x.
5) In the weeks between the Stockholm prosecutor rejecting Wilen’s statement as evidence of a potential crime, and the appeal, Ardin’s story changed, and her account of rough consensual foreplay became an accusation that Assange had pinned her down with his body during s-x to prevent her applying a condom. This became the basis for a new accusation — s-xual coercion — which would have been sufficient as a felony, should the appeal prosecutor not reinstate Wilen’s r-pe accusation. In that week, tweets were deleted and blog posts changed to remove any suggestion that Ardin had thought Assange’s behaviour to her consensual.
6) The prosecutor to whom the appeal was made — Marianne Ny — was a former head of the “Crime Development Unit”, whose specific brief was to develop new applications of s-x crimes laws, in areas where they had not previously been applied. She had previously spoken of remand as a form of de facto justice for men accused of s-x crimes, whom the courts would otherwise let free.
7) The European arrest warrant, and the Interpol red notice under which Assange is being extradited, was issued with a speed and seriousness usually reserved for major violent criminals, rather than someone simply wanted for further questioning, without a charge being present.Source
Who Is Sofia Wilén?
Sofia Wilén is one of the Swedish women who has accused Julian Assange of rape, for which he was arrested. It has been suggested that Wilen is fairly impressionable and that she was convinced by Anna Ardin to press charges for rape.
Evidence is mounting that Sofia Wilén and her associate Anna Ardin pre-planned “revenge” on Julian Assange by setting him up for false rape allegations. The primary mastermind behind the setup is thought to be Ardin.
Interestingly, the mainstream media has yet to pick up on the fact that Sofia Wilén and her friend Anna Ardin, two friends, seem to have conspired against Assange. Whether this scheme goes deeper than two individuals, to the level of government involvement is yet to be seen.
Evidence is emerging that Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has been setup on false rape charges by two radical feminists. The most significant evidence for this claim is the “coicidence” that both accusers are friends, and one of them posted about how she had been “thinking about some revenge.”
The first accuser is Anna Ardin, a well known radical from Sweden for her feminism views on how men achieve social dominance through sex. Last January, Ardin posted a blog entry titled ‘7 Steps to Legal Revenge by Anna Ardin’, which includedthe statement, I’ve been thinking about some revenge over the last few days….
The second rape accusation against Julian Assange came from a woman named Sofia Wilén, a friend for Anna Ardin. Wilén is the lesser known of the two.
Wilén and Ardin are now suspected of plotting a scheme to “get revenge” and falsely accuse Julian Assange of rape.Source
Assange: Sofia Wilen – The Silent Accuser.
at Huffington Post
“The second accuser, Sofia Wilen, 26, is Anna’ friend. Here is a video of an Assange press conference where one can see the girls together. Those present at the conference marveled at her groupie-li ke behavior. Though rock stars are used to girls dying to have sex with them, it is much less common in the harsh field of political journalism . Sofia worked hard to bed Assange, according to her own confession ; she was also the first to complain to police. She is little known and her motives are vague. Why might a young woman (who shares her life with American artist Seth Benson) pursue such a sordid political adventure?”
- Rundle: Assange makes his escape into a diplomatic storm (crikey.com.au)
- Assange’s great escape?, Murdoch’s big play: ConsMedia and Kohler Inc, why editorial charters don’t work, media spotlight on Athens, Gillard’s EU lecture (media.crikey.com.au)
- Noam Chomsky tells Julian Assange: Humanity ‘like lemmings going over the cliff’ (artemamat.wordpress.com)
- 2011-03-04 Jennifer Robinson: Brief to Canberra meeting of MPs re Julian Assange (insomniacanonymous.wordpress.com)
- Julian Assange: Ecuadorean ambassador flies home for talks on WikiLeaks founder – Telegraph.co.uk (telegraph.co.uk)